Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dear Mr. Lovecraft...

Whilst some fall into the darkness of the earth with fear and depression, others revel in its intrigue and mystery.
Most walk the path at some stage in their lives and are panicked by their sudden blindness. Briskly beckoned to the world of day by other frightened souls, most turn back immediately into the comforts of pack mentalities and false senses of human worth.
They decorate the truth with attractive lies and enforce laws upon everyone just to feel important and in control over the one thing they know least about; life.
Instincts and impulses are shunned purely so that disgusted people have endless opportunities to shake their lowered heads at others in order to feel better about themselves.


A small glint of intelligence shines through, however, as humans raise the life laws to an impossible standard so as to create for them a continuous and exhausting journey of no end, to give their lives endless focus and direction. Claiming that these laws are enforced by a higher entity, they are given an excuse when they fail that they are not yet worthy, and must try again and try harder to achieve their ultimate goal of pleasing 'the one'.

As I write this, a shadow in the corner of my room twists no a welcoming smile. It knows I understand.
The ways of the world cannot be written, cannot be captured, cannot be monitored or enforced. They can only be.
Society says that darkness is unnatural, strange, dangerous...
I say its freedom.

It doesn't matter where they are, everyone would rather be somewhere else.
I am somewhere else.
I'm in a place where no one can reach me, no one rule me or trick me, or tell me how I should be.
Darkness is reality.

The stars blink away our lives. A spec of sand upon a spec of sand. We do not exist. There is no meaning to life, and that in itself is the beauty of the world.

The truth that everyone fears though none acknowledge.
Why live your whole life, fearing the dark, when you can embrace it?

Of everything in this world I have seen, my eyes are only now open. The mirage lifted for my untainted viewing.
I thank you Mr. Lovecraft for your incomprehensible wisdom. After unknown numbers of studies by scientists, historians and religious fanatics from the world over, your words are ones that finally make sense. You have lifted the veil from the world through my eyes - Shown me the true meaning of life, and through your presence on this world have taught me that I am not alone in being alone. We all are.
Our tiny rock in the blackened voids of unending space, we are all alone, and that is how it is meant to be.

Again, I thank you. Your teachings are what will make our planet shine like a star among other stars.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Howard Phillips Lovecraft R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

www.jbestbooks.com

1 comment:

  1. Lovecraft is one my favourites. An old friend of mine gave me a book of his and it was only til a few months ago that I got around to reading it. I can't put it down!

    ReplyDelete